Wednesday, May 24, 2006

AngelFire

This past weekend I took a 4day sabatical and went out to AngelFire for the Chili Challenge Downhill and Mountain Cross race. After 11hours in the back of a rented Toyota Tundra I was ready to get out ride ride ride. The elevation took a good day to get used to but by day three I was feeling much stronger. As far as the riding went it was off the hook. The terrain was huge and very very fast. I didn't ride very well but had a great time. My hardtail worked great for the mountain cross but the Specialized didn't fair to well. Blown fork seal, stipped derailur, bent front wheel, and chain problems were what I was plauged with. Another reminder that when I do another downhill race like that I should be all mechanically sound and would be a good idea to have an actual Downhill bike to get the job done. Overall I placed 8th out of 21 in the Sport Men 25-29 downhill and 6th out of 15 in Sport Men 19-29 Mountian Cross. Bit of BMX I used to do payed off in that. Last moto this kid tried to pass me on a big jump, endo'd, landed on his face, and broke his nose pretty bad. It was the most gruesome crash i've seen for awhile. I felt bad for him and talked to him a bit until the medics came.

I would like to get a new bike and really give the race season a go next summer.

I'm 28 today

Tuneage
Neko Case - Maybe Sparrow
Band of Horses - The Funeral

Shout out's

Angel Fire - most awesome
Stacey - Night of the Comet
Big Hit - you have been a trooper but I think it's time to put you down
1904 - Just like me Just like me

Wassup's
Seattle - Miss you
Tiger Mtn. - I will ride Tiger 5days in a row when I visit
Tolt-McDonald - I will ride TM on my way back from Tiger
St. Edwards - I will park in WedgeWood and ride to St. Edwards and back
Capital Forest - Brent and I will reinact the infamous "Snow Epic"
Green Mtn. - ?
Steilacoom Park - From Mom's place Saturday morning

Piss Off
The apartment in Steilacoom that I thought about renting - To forgotten times - piss off
BlackSpire Chainguides - Piss off
Sleep - piss off
Gas Prices - piss off
Money - piss off
Pop music - piss off
Rich kids - piss off
Lack of trees in Phoenix - piss off
Schnebly Hill Road - Piss off
100+degree days - Piss off
Shaving - piss off
Cox Communications - piss off

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

WOW.... I can't believe I made it to the shout outs! Man Chickey you know how to make a lady's day :) Happy Birthday I hope you did something fun!(I'm so sad I could not get a hold of you to tell you that yesterday. )

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home