Monday, November 06, 2006

Baja Bound

I am currently on the last leg of my two week vacation stint. And what an ill-motivated vacation this has been so far. I usually have grandious plans for my vacations where I head off to ride or fish or pretend i'm a mountain man. Well, right now i'm emulating a beer drinking couch cruiser.
Friday I picked up 3 55gallon plastic barrels and a hand pump from a container company so's my buddy could pump them full of Jet A heli gas from the Channel 15 chopper. I go and pick em up for him out on the west side. I'm cruisin, enjoyin the morning with my Chai and Green Day then one of the barrels turns into a kite out of the truck and down the freeway! "Shit!!" I hollered as I try to pull it over and collect the blue barrel. I hiked about a quarter mile down the freeway and found the damn thing in the bushes. I was lucky I hadn't caused an accident...damn. I laughed nervously with the barrel in hands as I walked back to the truck. Back at the hangar we drained fuel, took off the blades, numerous other parts, tuned em up with new bearings, fuel pump ect. I then had the joy of hand pumping 2 and a half 55gallon barrels of fuel back into the chopper. Then we had to put the blades back on the helicopter which is the most nerve racking thing ever as those things are about $25-$30 grand new. Not really fun when your standing on the top step of a ladder with 25grand resting on your baseball cap with your arms and back aching. What a blast that was....sheeut.

After late nite festivities and a failed attempt at making the 7 o'clock meet time for Crown King part two I drop Mike off at the hanger and headed out to Pima and Dynamite to do of bit of cruisin on mean blue(my Yamerhas). Had fun and kept it mellow since I was hiccupin beer and riding solo. What a day. I then installed my new http://inertiaproject.com/ 888 crowns on the Turner. These things are sweet and look total works! I had to cut off a bit of the steer and could actually go for another inch and a half but I decided to run it. Rode the shuttles at South Mountain yesterday and these crowns are sweet and really help the front end track alot better. I felt much faster too!

So, my buddy Donna had a terrific idea for Turkey Day this year. It's was supposed to be snowboardin Teluride cause it's awesome there but she decided to make an executive decision and axe Teluride and make a dirtbike trip in Mexico numero uno for this years gobble grande. Yeah....I was into it before she could even finish sayin the word Mexico....true. Our crew will be four deep consisting of John "The jeep road animal", Donna "Fearless leader and baja groupie/racer", Mark "mean green", and Aaron "El Dublay". Should be quite the adventure and I can't wait! I hope Mexico agrees with me as I have never been but have always wanted to go. The route will be plenty buffed out as the Baja 1000 will be taking place the week before. YEEEEHAW!

Good Movies

Little Miss Sunshine -
What a fantasticly sad comedy. Can there be a sad comedy? Yes, there can be a sad comedy and Little Miss Sunshine proves this. Olive will make your heart melt and choke up the tears as her soft eyes hit you in the warmest part of your chest. I can't wait to have a daughter and buy her red cowboy boots. Steve Carrell has to move in with his sister and family, a mute son, a herion sniffin grandpa, a motivational speaking father, a mother who is the glue, and sweet Olive who is an aspiring and an unexpecting beauty pagent hopeful. Watch this movie! You will laugh, cry, and want to take a trip in a volkswagen bus with a bad clutch.

Good Tunes

Whoodini - Egyptian Lover
Stars - Reunion
Jude Tzuke - She don't live here anymore
Kool Keith - Jealous
Slayer - Hand of Doom
Guided By Voices - Are you faster?
Suede - Metal Mickey

And now folks, it's that time of the show for Shout Outs, Wassups, and Piss Offs!

Shouts Outs
My buddy Stacey - Have a great time over there in the UK dude and enjoy yerself!
Andy - Comin up with a new bike....good guy to match up our crew
Hari - Got the cast off yeah!!
Matthew - Bout time I talked to ya mang
The Barrio - thanks for not burning me at the stake

Wassups
Charles Bukowski - trying to figure this dude out....wassup?

Piss offs
OLEANDORS!!! PISS OFF!!!
Tits - the Bartending Beer Nazi at "George and Dragon" on Central ave. Piss off!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bukowski is crazy, isn't he dude? I can only stand so much of him before his sort of starts to make me wanna puke. He's a helluva poet, though, and I like Hollywood.

Oh, have fun on Turkey Day! We'll miss you here.

Peace out.

Storm

9:07 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

How lucky am I to get a shout out. I miss you bubay!
~Stace

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home